Friday, August 4, 2017

Please help welcome @rOrO to the grid!

OK so a little background info FIRST. My name is Rowan Carroll and I've been in SL for over 11 years. For the first 5 or so years, I created shoes for She's So Unusual Shoes. It was FUN and creative and helped me learn about SL and myself. I got a bit burnt out and closed the store in 2011. I did some ME stuff, shopping, playing around and finally got the creative bug again. Mesh was out and most mesh clothing was EXPENSIVE. So I got some full perm meshes and made Budget Friendly Designs to help newbies and us frugal folks look good. Unfortunately my real life took a turn and I found out I had cancer at the end of 2015. So I had to close the store and everything took a back seat to getting me healthy again.

Guess what? I'm all better. Luckily I was Stage 1 and didn't need chemo or radiation. I was back on SL, playing around, helping newbies at NCI, shopping like mad. And the creative bug reached out and bit me again. I made a couple things just for fun. I textured some full perm meshes for some friends and got great compliments. What's a girl to do?

She starts a business! @rOrO Designs is just starting out right now. I've got about 17 items in the store, which is based on the back wall of my friend's store - The Odd Eyed Cat. Good thing Neural and I have been friends for about 11 years! She's letting me borrow some prims until I have enough stuff for my own store.

So. 11 years. What long strange trip it's been. Come down and see what kinda crazy stuff I'm making. Just cause they aren't shoes, doesn't mean they aren't unusual...

@rOrO Designs - Nothing Normal Here, clothing for ladies with attitudes, and a sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment